The Mortgage Application Process
We work to ensure your mortgage process runs smoothly and quickly. In general, here is what you can expect when you apply for a mortgage at Securant Bank & Trust®.
Call our mortgage department at 414-442-5800 to schedule an appointment. If you stop into our offices to apply, the following documents will help speed up the process.
- Social Security Numbers (for all borrowers)
- Employment history for past two years, including dates and income
- Payroll stubs for one month and W-2s for last two years
- Checking and savings accounts
- Tax returns for last two years
- Credit information, including account number, payment amount, and current balance for all accounts
- Proof of other income, such as land contracts or dividend income
- If renting, landlord's name and address
- Loan information and address of current mortgage lender
At this time Securant Bank & Trust will:
- Review the application
- Pull credit bureau reports
- Based on findings of underwriting procedure, proceed to verification process
- Approve the loan
Securant Bank & Trust will verify the information you provided through income/employment checks, credit checks, and verification of assets. We will assess the property you intend to purchase.
To prepare for the closing the following steps are taken:
- Securant Bank & Trust contacts all parties involved to schedule a closing date
- Your closing statement will be reviewed with you prior to closing and the exact amount needed at closing will be determined
- At the closing you will need a Cashier's Check for the exact amount of the purchase, homeowner's insurance policy or binder, and a paid receipt