Funds Availability Policy
Our policy is to make funds from your deposits available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. Electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Once they are available, you can withdraw the funds in cash and we will use the funds to pay checks that you have written. For determining the availability of your deposits every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a deposit before 5:00 P.M. on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after 5:00 P.M. or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
Longer Delays May Apply
In some cases, we will not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the business day described above. Depending on the type of check that you deposit, funds may not be available until the fifth business day after the day of your deposit. However, the first $200 of your deposits will be available on the first business day. If we are not going to make all funds from your deposit available on the first business day, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the day after we receive your deposit. If you will need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available. In addition, funds you deposit by check may be delayed for a longer period under the following circumstances:
- We believe a check you deposit will not be paid.
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,000 on any one day.
- You deposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six months.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of communications or computer equipment.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the 7th business day after the day of your deposit.
Special Rules for New Accounts
If you are a new client, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 days your account is open
- Funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfer and the first $5,000 of a day's total deposit of cashier's, certified, teller's, traveler's, federal and state and local government checks will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to you. The excess over $5,000 will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit. If you do not make the deposit in person to one of our employees (other than the deposit of a U.S. Treasury check), the first $5,000 will not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit.
- Funds from all other checks may not be available until the 4th business day after the day of your deposit. We will notify you if a longer delay will apply
If you want a hard copy of this disclosure sent to you please contact us.